My Thoughts on NHibernate
I have been using NHibernate for about a month. During this one month I had some good times and some bad times using NHibernate. Here are some of my thoughts regarding NHibernate.
1) You are free from writing stored procedures for every little fetch or CRUD operation. This saves a lot of code.
2) NHibernate allows you to focus on the domain model of the application.
3) NHibernate allows you to write better tests which can be rollback using ITransaction interface.
1) Very steep learning curve.
2) If you miss a small setting your application will fail as a whole.
3) Complex configuration settings .
4) Lack of support from the NHibernate community. I have posted various questions on the NHibernate forums unfortunately none of them were ever answered.
With DLINQ comming out in few months I see a dark future for NHibernate. All in all NHibernate is a great piece of software build by great developers.