May 22, 2006
Tracy Gunzenhauser – Marketing Coordinator
(412) 681 4343
(412) 681 4384 (fax)
ComponentOne® Releases Studio Enterprise™ 2006 v2 — Release Focused on Delivering a Full Suite of AJAX-enabled ASP.NET Components and Other Key Productivity Technology
PITTSBURGH, PA — ComponentOne today released ComponentOne® Studio Enterprise™ 2006 v2, the world’s most comprehensive component toolset for Windows, Web, and Mobile application development. This release includes AJAX-enabled components, new charting features, and new productivity technology.
Studio Enterprise, built on a unique and flexible framework, consists of a set of natively compiled products for Visual Studio 2005 as well as an already complete line of .NET Framework 1.x versions. This suite of components simplifies the design-time experience, and extends the power of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. Studio Enterprise offers over 180 components for Windows, Web, and Mobile application development, as well as a one-year subscription. This subscription delivers new releases, updates, upgrades, and online support for one full year.
“We are excited to provide our subscribers with new AJAX-enabled ASP.NET components,” said Gustavo Eydelsteyn, managing director of ComponentOne. “For years, Studio Enterprise has provided developers with access to a full suite of components supporting the latest emerging technologies. This release strengthens our toolset by including full support for the increasingly popular AJAX technology, as well as important new features, functionality and components that provide developers with a streamlined visual development experience.”
New in Studio Enterprise 2006 v2:
· AJAX-enabled Components: Developers can build innovative, highly responsive Web interfaces with new AJAX-enabled components including WebGrid, WebReports, WebTreeView, WebTabStrip and WebTopicBar.
· AJAX Feature Tour: Take a look at our AJAX-enabled components in action and see for yourself just how responsive Web applications can become – no code required.
· Charting VisualEffects: Easily add stunning new visual elements to WinForm and WebForm charts including lighting effects, drop shadows and more via the new VisualEffects designer.
· New Productivity Technology: New SmartDesigners™ are now available for FlexGrid for .NET and List for .NET. ComponentOne SmartDesigners™ enhance the visual development experience by allowing developers to set the components’ most common properties without leaving the design surface.
· Section 508 Compliant Controls: FlexGrid for .NET, True DBGrid for .NET, and List for .NET are now fully 508 compliant.
· New Studio Live Examples: Discover the power of the Studio Enterprise .NET and ASP.NET 2.0 toolset without having to drop a single component on a form. The new Studio Live Examples application delivers live examples of .NET and ASP.NET 2.0 components, ad sample framework with links to hundreds of samples and code, searchable product documentation and other technical resources.
To learn more about ComponentOne Studio Enterprise visit: http://www.componentone.com/enterprise.
Pricing and Availability
ComponentOne Studio Enterprise customers will receive two versions of the Studio Enterprise components. Subscribers will receive the full suite of components built on the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1, as well as a full suite of the new components compiled natively for the .NET Framework 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005. The full version of ComponentOne Studio Enterprise has an MSRP of $999.95. Current ComponentOne customers can upgrade to ComponentOne Studio Enterprise for $749.95. Renewal pricing for current subscribers is available for $599.95.
Orders may be placed via the ComponentOne Web site (www.componentone.com or www.componentone.co.uk), telephone (Pittsburgh, PA USA: 800.858.2739 or 412.681.4343 outside the U.S.A.; ComponentOne Europe: 0800 328 5271 or +44 (0) 1460 234636), as well as through ComponentOne’s worldwide network of distributors and dealers.
ComponentOne is the premier provider of development and Help authoring tools for application developers using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, and Borland® Delphi® for .NET, and Help authors who write and design Help systems. The ComponentOne products are used by developers and Help authors worldwide for developing mission-critical ActiveX, .NET, ASP.NET, and Mobile Device applications, and Help systems. ComponentOne has received numerous industry and user accolades for their component tools, including awards from Info World, PC Magazine, Programmer’s Paradise, Software Development Magazine, SD Times, Vbxtras, Visual Studio Magazine, .NET Developer Journal, Society for Technical Communication, and Visual Systems Journal.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.