New page types speed production of sophisticated Web 2.0 apps!
Mountain View, CA – June 19, 2008. Software development tools-maker Iron Speed, Inc., has released Iron Speed Designer Version 5.2, the latest version of its popular Web 2.0 application generator. Iron Speed Designer generates rich interactive data entry and reporting applications for .NET. The addition of six new pages types and tabbed panels in Iron Speed Designer help IT departments generate complex, productivity-enhancing applications out-of-the-box.
"The ability to generate pages as a configuration option is very powerful. With the new page types in Iron Speed Designer V5.2, I can add a dashboard or report page to my app without any hand-coding." – Nilesh Deshpande, Director of Solutions Development for Light Speed Solutions
New Page Types
Select Record pages are designed for repetitive data entry, review and approval applications. A single button click commits changes to the database and advances the application user to the next record to process.
Web Report pages are great for customer-facing applications, such as single page reports, dashboards, and other non-editable information display uses. Web report pages are ready to print, allowing application users to quickly share database information with each other and customers.
Table-in-Table pages present master-detail relationships in a condensed and easy-to-use format. Application users can quickly view several layers of information on a single page, eliminating the need to open multiple records.
"New page types like select record and table-in-table add flexible layout options to the generated app and significantly reduce the need to customize pages by hand." – Jing Ding, Senior Systems Consultant at The Ohio State University Medical Center
Tabbed Detail Table Panels
New tabbed panels allow application users to access multiple table panels from a single location greatly simplifying page organizatin. The tab control maximizes screen real estate, reducing the amount of vertical scrolling required for application users to view related child tables.
Iron Speed Designer Version 5.2 System Requirements
Iron Speed Designer Version 5.2 runs on Microsoft Windows XP, 2003 and Vista. It generates .NET Web applications for Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Microsoft Access and MySQL. These applications may be deployed on any machine running the .NET Framework. Find complete information about Iron Speed Designer Version 5.2 at http://www.ironspeed.com.
About Iron Speed, Inc.
Iron Speed provides powerful application generation tools that accelerate the development of enterprise-class web applications. Iron Speed Designer generates about 80% of an application’s program code, allowing developers to focus on the remaining unique 20% of the application. Iron Speed recognizes that developing Web applications is more complicated than traditional application development. It therefore provides application generation software for IT departments to take advantage of the flexibility and extensibility of web-based applications. Iron Speed executives are pioneers in web application development, having built enterprise and e-commerce systems for companies like Onsale (now Amazon) and Charles Schwab. The company is based in Mountain View, Calif., and is located online at http://www.ironspeed.com.