Add "open command window here" to Windows XP Pro x64
- Open regedt32 and navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shell folder.
- Add a new key called “Command Prompt“
- Modify the default custom string to read “Open Command Window Here“
- Add a new key to this folder called “command“
- Modify the default custom string to read: Cmd.exe /k pushd %L
- Close regedit32
To use this, open up Explorer and navigate to the desired folder. Right-click on the folder and select “Open Command Window Here”.
Now if you do not want to go thru these steps copy and paste the following in Notepad and save as a .reg file then double click it to import into your registry.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
@="Open Command Window Here"
@="Cmd.exe /k pushd %L"
Or simply download the attachment.