What’s new in this release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services 1.8.0 has been released. It included some general features such as workbook and worksheet protection. The Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services client component now supports Office 2010 x64. We have also carried out optimization work to improve the overall performance of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services and its modules. In this version we have also fixed a number of internal bugs and included several new enhancements, for example, the Herder background color bug, a hide column issue, the row merged algorithm module, a page break issue, hyperlink and bookmark links bugs, the row algorithm module, the Excel 2007 (data only) output bug and more. This release includes plenty of new and improved features as listed below
- Optimizes rendering for large data report.
- Fixes an installation issue for Windows 7.
- Resolves paging for Tablix report item.
- Handles rendering more groups for Tablix.
- Reduces memory use rate.
- Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services is overall optimized regarding performance
- Pivot table feature / module is further optimized
- Herder background color bug is fixed
- Hide column issue is resolved
- Row merged algorithm module
- Page breaks issue is resolved
- Hyperlink and Bookmark Links bugs are fixed
- ETA bug / issue is resolved.
- Row algorithm module
- Excel 2007 (Data Only) output bug is fixed.
- Fields merging is fixed when rendered as XLSX
- Export issues are fixed for Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services
- Hidden column visibility is fixed after rendering
- Page Break Implementation issue is fixed
- Enhanced Report publishing contains ‘*’ within formulas
- Huge spacing or gap between two tablixes is corrected.
- CSV Export Encoding is improved.
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Overview: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services
Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services allows you to export native Excel reports in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. Unlike the built-in renderer for Excel based reports, Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services provides an extended feature set and allows RDL reports to be converted to: Excel 97-2003 binary XLS format, SpreadsheetML or the Excel2007 XLSX format. With Aspose.Cells Report Designer tool, users can design & deliver reports into MS Excel directly without using Visual Studio IDE.
More about Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - The .NET and Java component