What's New in this Release?
The latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET (6.6.0) has been released. This release includes some great new features including SVG to PDF conversion, transforming PDF to PDF/A, rendering PDF into image format with desired dimensions, creating a PDF portfolio and determining if the source document is encrypted, before opening it. There have been significant improvements to memory management when dealing with large and complex PDF files and converting PDFs into image formats. The component is also more stable when converting intricate HTML files into PDF format. You can now concatenate large PDF files and generate a resultant PDF around 1.0GB in size. Along with these improvements, we have made the PDF to DOC and PCL to PDF conversion processes more stable and robust. The product has been tested in a multi-threaded environment and it has proved to be a champ. We have improved the image/text replacement feature, corrected the rendering of PDF files to raster images, added support for more HTML tags, improved printing of PDF files, corrected the way that multi-line watermarks work and much more. This release includes plenty of new and improved features as listed below
- PDF to PDF/A conversion
- Allow to create PDF Portfolio
- CGM to PDF conversion
- PDF to PDF/A-1a Conversion
- Allow to save the PDF to TIFF in A4 format instead of letter
- Implement collections
- Support documents that contains broken cross-reference tables
- Conversion of PDF pages to Images is slow
- Extract images with initial bit depth instead of using 32 bit RGB always
- Implement support streams without Length property specified
- Size difference in output generated with 2 approaches
- Performance Investigation - DoConvert stucks at page number 4
- Investigate Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
- Facades.Form disposes the source stream on Save() call
- Investigate the increase in file size after replacing the image
- The logo on the converted images is inverted
- Inset image on the converted PNG image shows background is fixed
- PdfConverter produces now image high quality
- Image is added to TextBoxField
- Bottom table border is display issues is resolved
- Converting HTML to PDF is improved.
- Resultant PNG generated from PDF is now corrected
- Text corruption issues is fixed on the images produced from the PDF file
- Fonts are now properly being detected in PDF document
- Large PDF documents are now successfully concatenated
- Multiline watermark is now added to Pdf
- Table borders issues in resultant PDF when converted from HTML is resolved
- HTML to PDF issue rendering unordered list to match HTML is fixed
- Blank Pages, misplaced contents while printing the PDF is now fixed.
- Files get corrupted while using multi-threading is fixed
- Convert Image Blank issue is resolved
- Attachments addition during PDF generation process is resolved.
- Problem with converting html-Table is fixed
- Fill Text Fields in PDF Form is fixed
- Problem resolved while creating Hyperlink inside PDF file
- HTML to PDF conversion results are now corrected
- PDF rendered to image has some incorrect text is fixed
- illegal characters in path is fixed
- Unable to add metadata to PDF converted from PPT/PPTX
- PDF to Jpeg or Tiff Conversion issue is fixed
- Pdf to Tiff Image is now fine
- PDF to Tiff conversion. File with unreadable text / characters is fixed now.
- Concatenate PDF files Issue is fixed
- PDF file size increase issues are resolved.
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Pdf for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Pdf for performing different tasks like the followings.
Overview: Aspose.Pdf for .NET
Aspose.Pdf is a .Net Pdf component for the creation and manipulation of Pdf documents without using Adobe Acrobat. Create PDF by API, XML templates & XSL-FO files. It supports form field creation, PDF compression options, table creation & manipulation, graph objects, extensive hyperlink functionality, extended security controls, custom font handling, add or remove bookmarks; TOC; attachments & annotations; import or export PDF form data and many more. Also convert HTML, XSL-FO and MS WORD to PDF.
More about Aspose.Pdf for .NET
Aspose Pty Ltd, Suite 163,
79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts