What's New in this Release?
The latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET (6.8.0) has been released. This release includes the ability to shrink the contents of a PDF file to a smaller size so you’ll save hard disk space. The TextFragmentAbsorber has always been a great mechanism for searching & replacing particular text strings inside a PDF file and now it lets you include a subset of the font used when replacing PDF file contents. This feature helps to reduce the size of PDF document significantly. The Pdf class under the Aspose.Pdf.Generator namespace contains an overloaded Save method which returns the resultant PDF in Response object. To provide the same feature for the Document class, we have introduced a new overloaded method which returns the resultant PDF to Response object. Please note that in this release, we have specifically improved the PDF concatenation functionality and we also are introducing the capability to merge XFA forms. Numerous issues related to form field filling, text extraction, conversion of PDF files into image format, PDF printing and much more have been fixed in this release.This release includes plenty of new and improved features as listed below
- Shrink the actual page contents on a PDF page
- Text subsystem: Implement font subsetting
- Introduce Document.Save(...) method which can accept Response object
- Export/import bookmarks (XML, HTML)
- Orientation issue in PDF file printing is resolved
- The size of resultant PDF increased after migration from Aspose.Pdf.Kit to *.Facades
- Extend Aspose.Pdf.Facades.StampInfo
- Extracting the First Image in PDF - Extremely Slow Performance is now improved
- Add support of saving concatenation result into Response object
- Implement merging of XFA forms
- Table break issue at the end of page is fixed
- Improved Image extracted from PDF.
- PDF loose information while rotating is now fixed
- Enhanced Text extracted from PDF
- When concatenating the PDF files, attachments ignore is resolved
- Output image issue is fixed
- Check-box problem in Aspose.PDF ver 6.5 is now fixed
- Converting PDF to text never returns is now fixed
- Contents of images are swapped on every page is now fixed
- Image Distortion issues are resolved
- Import XML Issue: problem with data import from XML is now fixed
- Form Field filled issue using Aspose.PDF for .NET v6.6 is now resolved
- Fill a PDF using Aspose.PDF and open with Adobe gives adobe error is fixed
- Failure at document open is now fixed
- Pdf 'Save' doesn't work properly is now fixed
- Portion of a page visible black after applying security is now corrected
- Table with rounded corners is now generated correctly
- Delete Stamp and adding again cause previous stamp to appear is now fixed
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Pdf for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Pdf for performing different tasks like the followings.
Overview: Aspose.Pdf for .NET
Aspose.Pdf is a .Net Pdf component for the creation and manipulation of Pdf documents without using Adobe Acrobat. Create PDF by API, XML templates & XSL-FO files. It supports form field creation, PDF compression options, table creation & manipulation, graph objects, extensive hyperlink functionality, extended security controls, custom font handling, add or remove bookmarks; TOC; attachments & annotations; import or export PDF form data and many more. Also convert HTML, XSL-FO and MS WORD to PDF.
More about Aspose.Pdf for .NET
Aspose Pty Ltd, Suite 163,
79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts