Aspose Newsletter for February 2012 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java & SharePoint components. This month’s technical article shows performing OCR with Aspose.OCR for .NET & a migration tip for extracting messages from a PST file with Aspose.Email for .NET. A video tutorial for creating Code3128 barcode and set its background color using Aspose.BarCode.
In December we ran a sweepstake on Facebook; in January we had a grand prize draw. The winner of the sweepstake prize, an iPad 2, was Michael Sevast. He was much surprised to find that he had won but also had kind words to say about Aspose: “We have used the Apose.Total for .NET components, for several years now. These tools greatly simplify our ability to interact with and export to known Microsoft formats. The speed of these components saves us considerable time over custom in-house solutions.
Supporting User Groups – How Can We Help?
Aspose value our developer community and do what we can to support over 150,000 users. One way we support the community is by supporting user groups. User groups bring developers from different industries and with different experience together to learn from each other. We already sponsor several groups and provide swag and free licenses for competitions. If you lead a user group, or know of one that could benefit from our support, please contact us. We’d love to hear from you.
Product Spotlight – Aspose.Diagram for .NET
Aspose.Diagram is a class library for working with MS Visio files & is a pure .NET alternate for MS Visio Object Model.It enables developers to work with VSD & VDX files on ASP.NET web applications, web services & Windows applications. It makes use of the advanced functionality of Visio's services to manipulate Visio docs on a server. Developer can open files & manipulate the elements of the diagram, from lines and fills, to more complex elements, and then export to native Visio formats or XML. Click here to download the latest release of Aspose.Diagram for .NET
Technical Article – Performing OCR with Aspose.OCR for .NET
Aspose.OCR for .NET (and Java, too) gives software developers a tool for incorporating optical character recognition in their applications. This article explains how to get started and performing OCR on an image. For more links and information about Aspose.OCR, check out our Facebook fan page. Every month, we’ll post links there that help you get more out of our products. Click here to read the complete article.
Updates about new product releases
- Aspose.Total for .NET – a compilation of our latest .NET products.
- Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.1.0 –supports conditional formatting for pivot tables, converting work sheets to SVG and introducing a number of enhancements.
- Aspose.Words for .NET – our monthly Aspose.Words release.
- Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.6.0 –introduces PDf to PDF/A or PDF/A-1a conversion, PDF portfolio, CGM to PDF conversion and a number of other enhancements.
- Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.8.0 –resolves a number of issues, from exceptions when working with PPTX files to charts being excluded from PDF output.
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET 4.5.0 – adds support for Windows Phone 7, saving barcode to EMF stream and Singapore Post 4-State barcode.
- Aspose.Tasks for .NET 4.0.0: – supports changing task progress and adds a number of other improvements.
- Aspose.Diagram for .NET 1.8.0 – allows you to set page size when rendering TIFFs and ads layout shapes to compact tree and flowchart diagrams.
- Aspose.Imaging for .NET 1.3.0 – allows you to resize images.
- Aspose.Email for .NET 1.3.0 – introduces a number of new features, including auto-detecting email format and support for EMLX.
- Aspose.Total for Java – a compilation of our latest Java products.
- Aspose.Cells for Java 7.1.0 – adds a number of enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.Words for Java – our monthly Aspose.Words release.
- Aspose.Email for Java 1.2.0 – improves MSG to EML conversion, gives access to default folders and allows you to remove an item from a PST file.
- Aspose.OCR for Java 1.1.0– adds support for more fonts.
- Aspose.Total for SharePoint – a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
- Aspose.Total for Reporting Services – a compilation of our latest Reporting Services products.
- Aspose.Cells for SSRS 1.8.0: - adds support for protecting workbooks and worksheets as well as filters and other optimizations and fixes.
- Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 4.0.0- improves performance and adds another few fixes.
- Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services 4.5.0 - adds support for Singapore Post 4-State barcodes and fixes an issue with licenses.
- Aspose.Total for JasperReports – a compilation of our latest JasperReports products.
- Aspose.Cells for JasperReports 1.1.1 – hotfix that fixes a couple of issues.
Tutorial Video –Using Aspose.BarCode for Java
SAspose.BarCode for Java makes it easy to read and create barcodes in Java applications. Many aspects of the barcode can be controlled. This tutorial shows how to create a Code3128 barcode and set the foreground, background and code text colors as well as other attributes. The video is just under 5 minutes long. Click below to watch the Video about creating a Code3128 barcode.
Migration Tip –Extracting messages from a PST file with Aspose.Email for .NET
One way of extracting messages from PST files in Microsoft Outlook is to use Microsoft Automation. For it to work, you need Outlook installed on the machine that the code runs on and you need to reference Microsoft Office Interop for Outlook. The other way is to use Aspose.Email for .NET. You can find the complete details here.
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, October 2012 edition
Keep in Touch
There are several ways for you to keep in touch with us. The monthly newsletter
is a way for us to keep in touch with you, but we are always interested in
hearing from you.
- Post a question on our
- Connect with us on Post a question on our
Aspose Pty Ltd
79 Longueville Road
Aspose - Your File Format Experts